Show HN: Create Matplotlib visualizations from the command-line https://ift.tt/iCU3HcJ

Show HN: Create Matplotlib visualizations from the command-line I do lots of data analyses in the command-line and I was missing a simple utility to plot the output of a command (without having to script it). I like very much the Matplotlib API but I found no CLI to pipe data into it. So, I wrote MatplotCLI, a simple CLI that reads data from the stdin and allows to easily create interactive plots from the command-line. Have a look at the README for examples and recipes. Let me know what you think, thanks! Some examples: $ plt "hist(x,30)" < sample.json $ cat sample.json | plt --no-show "hist(x,30); savefig('myimage.png')" $ plt --no-input " x = np.linspace(-1,1,2000); y = x*np.sin(1/x); plot(x,y); axis('scaled'); grid(True)" $ echo ' {"a":0, "b":1} {"a":1, "b":0} {"a":3, "b":3}' | plt "plot(a,b)" https://github.com/dcmoura/matplotcli March 22, 2022 at 12:30PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bacon and White Bean Melting Cabbage

Jennifer Garner's Signature Fall Salad

Trisha Yearwood’s Famous Blueberry Crumb Bars Are So Good, I’m Making Them on Repeat This Summer